Lincoln Landscaping asks, why is landscape lighting so important? It’s a great way to enjoy your yard after the sun goes down. For families with young children or pets, landscape lighting can contribute to the safety of your yard and provides a sense of security. Landscape lighting is also a great way to accent different features of your home. Lincoln Landscaping can professional design, installation, repair, and transitioning from incandescent to LED bulbs.
Click on the image to view our full Landscape Lighting gallery.
Extend the usable hours of your Landscaping
For homeowners who like to entertain, this can be just as important as the landscaping itself. Improve your guests experience by lengthening the hours of enjoyment. Trees and shrubs are a beautiful backdrop for any style of lighting. A simple pathway during the day can be transformed into scenic passageway at night.
Contribute to the Safety of your Home
Families with children can appreciate the value a few simple lights will do for the security of your yard. It provides comfort to know that you can look out your window at night and see what’s outside. Another safety feature is to light landscape pathways and sidewalks to stop night time tripping hazards.
Beautiful Homes Deserve Attention
Landscape lighting can accent any feature of your home. Let passers by enjoy the architectural beauty of your home by spotlighting its unique features. For those who have incorporated art and sculptures, landscape lighting will extend the hours of enjoyment for everyone.
Incandescent vs. LED Lighting
Lincoln Landscaping Company strives to meet the needs of our customers and like to give them choices, however, we are a “green” company and always try to promote saving energy whenever we can. Here are the facts on Incandescent vs LED landscape lighting:
- Incandescent bulbs last around 5,000 hours compared to the lifespan of 35,000 – 50,000 hours of LED bulbs.
- LED bulbs do not put off any heat. Incandescent bulbs can put off enough heat to cause mulch to start smoking and in some cases start on fire.
- LED bulbs use approximately 1/10 of the energy compared to an incandescent bulb.
- LED bulbs use less wattage (A 6 watt LED is comparable to a 60 watt incandescent), as a result, one transformer is capable of supporting a significant amount more bulbs than incandescent.
- LED bulbs cost approximately 3 times the amount an incandescent will. However, if you compare the lifetime of an LED and Incandescent you will find that the LED will pay for itself over and over after the energy costs it will save you in the long run.